Our history

Our History in a timeline

HAR Dunderdale started the practice that was later to become Gray Caldwell and Oakly

1932

1948

Another former side of the firm, Cody Sadler and Smith dates back to a practice carried on by the late JB Keith

Frank Cody joined this practice in 1948

 Gordon Caldwell joined the practice

1949

1963

Alan Sadler was admitted to the firm in 1963

1975

Bruce Smith was admitted to the firm in 1975

Rod Oakly was admitted to the partnership

1979

The two long-established accountancy practices, Cody Sadler and Smith and Gray Caldwell and Oakly, amalgamated in 1985 to become Sadler Oakly Newman. At that point the directors were Alan Sadler, Rod Oakly, Bruce Smith and Allan Newman. Frank Cody and Gordon Caldwell remained as consultants to the practice

1985

Bruce Smith retired

}

1988

}

1990

Frank Cody and Gordon Caldwell retired

Leanne Southey was appointed director of Sadler Oakly Newman when Alan Sadler retired in 2002

2002

Sadler Oakly Newman Limited moved into the Academy Building on Church Street

2005

2009

Becks Schofield was appointed director when Rod Oakly retired in December 2009

2012

In 2012 Allan Newman resigned as a director

2013

That leads us to March 2013 when the firm’s name was changed to Southey Sayer Ltd to reflect its two directors, Leanne and Becks, who are privileged to be carrying on the traditions of the many professionals who have gone before them.

In 2013, Southey Sayer Ltd relocated to the Post Office in Queen Street

Southey Sayer moved to 110 Dixon Street where we currently reside

2015

2016

Southey Sayer Ltd purchased Rural CA Limited

Contact Us

Location:

110 Dixon Street, Masterton, 5810

Postal Address:

PO Box 125, Masterton, 5810

Telephone:

06 370 0811