Commercial or Rural Business support, development & mentoring
Start with the end in mind
Because we understand that your business is unique and one size does not fit all, we customise all of our assistance to best suit your needs.
While compliance with taxation and other laws is important, on-going professional support and guidance that helps you get the most out of your business, now and in the future, is equally vital. We can help with both.
With the right reporting and analysis we will work with you to highlight possible opportunities, trends and areas that may be preventing growth. Identifying these early enables you to make the most out of growth opportunities while minimising risk.
Southey Sayer can help you:
- develop a strategic plan for your business.This includes help with goal setting then putting the plan into action to achieve those goals.
- set a budget – a fundamental tool for any business that aids in setting your targets and reviewing business performance.
- with benchmarking reports that allow you to see how your business compares with your competitors. Benchmarking is a useful tool for developing key performance indicators(KPI's).
- understand your business risks and how to mitigate them for the protection of your business in the future.
- monitor cash flow. What is your cash flow going to look like in two months time? Six months? A year? Let us help you develop a clearer understanding of what the future holds.
If you are ready to turn your business idea into reality, contact us for a no obligation complimentary consultation.Taking those great ideas to the next level can be a daunting task. Because we do not charge for initial appointments to discuss a new business venture, you have nothing to lose.
Given our experience and expertise in the financial and legal aspects of creating a new business, you can be assured your business will be off to a great start with the best structure (company, sole trader or partnership) for your needs. Not to mention we'll be right beside you as you move ahead.
It pays to think of the future of your business now. What do you want to do with your business when you are ready to move on to other ventures or a new stage in your life?
We can help you set a clear, concise plan for your business' future that maximises your return when the time comes to move on, which ever succession road you choose to travel down.
Independent advice and facilitation takes the emotion out of the changes that are planned and allows those involved to focus on the issues and business realities.
Background information on succession planning can be found here.
Selling a business
The things that need to happen when selling a business can seem daunting to say the least. Southey Sayer can ease the burden for you. We know the process that you need to follow and can provide and help you with a step-by-step guide.
From there we can put together reports you will need for prospective purchasers including a Sale Information Memorandum. We are happy to liaise with your team of professionals throughout the sale process.
Do you know the value of your business? Whatever your reasons for needing a valuation (independent or not) we have the experience and training to establish this value for you.
The value of a business is naturally influenced by the willingness of a vendor to sell and a purchaser to buy, so in assessing the business or share values we consider the following methods:
- Capitalisation of future maintainable earnings
- Capitalisation of future dividends
- Discounted cash flow
- Net assets value
- Liquidation value
- Tangible assets plus goodwill based on super profits
- After consultation with you we will establish the method/s best suited to your needs.